Saturday, January 23, 2010

stolen saturday blog - All About Me

So it's Saturday night and nothing's going on. Australia's gone for the night and T-Bone's watching his Maple Leafs lose against the Panthers. It wasn't that long ago that I'd be itching to go out ... a saturday kidless night ... hello jager bombs, but lately, I enjoy pretty much any night that I can just laze around the house. And since I scored during 2nd intermission (yeah, we're fast n dirty like that ...) I just don't feel the need to get dressed and send a bunch of frantic texts looking for someone to come celebrate a night without kids. Also, I have a soccer game tomorrow and I learned early in the season that playing soccer with a hangover is not only hard, but down right ballsy. So here I am, quite content sitting here blogging naked in my house coat on a Saturday night. I rarely blog on weekends and I have a small fetish for question and answer surveys because I like talking about myself (hence the blog .... ) so I thought I'd give this a try today. Brought to me by newest follower - Margaret (what a great way to start yesterday .. going to my dashboard and seeing I now have 14 followers .... sweeet, Thanks Margaret).


Saturday Sunday Stealing: The Trivia About Me Meme



Opening…

Do you get regular massages?

I try to go every two months, they make me feel happy, pampered, and a little bit rich (they direct bill my insurance company that my work pays for and most free things are good things)

Do you have an answering machine?

No. I have voice mail though but don't even check those messages. If I don't answer, text my cell. If you don't text, I'll get your message 2 weeks later when it's way too late to meet you for coffee in an hour, sorry.... If you text, I will reply almost immediately ... going a buck twenty down the Deerfoot or not ....

What cuss word do you use the most?

Shit is my favorite swear word (I say "swear" because I'm Canadian ...) but I'm pretty sure that I say fuck more. I like fuck too, probably because it's dirty. Shit's dirty too, but not the good dirty ....

Are you underweight or overweight?

Read some of my past blogs ... definitely overweight. I haven't been underweight since just before I got knocked up. Damn babies ....

Can you see your veins?

Unfortunately, my left leg looks like it's attached to an 80 year old woman. Every year before summer (so sometime in mid-July), I try yo remember to get rid of them, because I'm pretty sure my health spending account will be happy to cover the cost of a new 30 year old leg, but as a proscrastinator-supreme, I never call. I should also use the question as an oppurtunity to tell a little story about the 1st time Australia saw me shirtless and knew what to say .... "Ooooh, mommy, marker" Yes, thats right, my boobs look like they have been coloured on my toddlers. Great.

Favorite…

Fruit?

Hmmm, I'm more of a meat and carb person, but so I don't sound like an unhealthy blob, it's a toss up between fresh pineapple and kiwi ... ooo, I just remembered ... apple pieces with a table spoon of peanut better is pretty damn tastey too ....

Kind of red meat?

Steak! Hands down. Not to brag (ok, absolutely bragging), but I can turn a $2 top sirloin into a little piece of bleeding heaven if you give me steak seasoning and 6 minutes on the bbq ....

Fish?

As pets? Absolutely annoying, although our newest addition to the family is an interactive lil guy ... a red beta fish who jumps for food. I swear, he's pretty cool. To eat? I sure love fish n chips, but really, you throw that batter on pretty much anything and I'd eat it ....

Candy bar?

Have you ever seen a grown woman and a 5 foot tall 10 year old almost come to blows over a Coffee Crisp? Come to my place after Halloween ...


Have You Ever…

Eaten a whole bag of potato chips?

"A" whole bag of potato chips? You're kidding me with this question right? Again ... go back and find some of my blogs about my recent increase in size. I would almost trade my kid for a case of bags of potato chips ....

Eaten lobster?

Yes and loved it. It was another experience that made me feel pampered and rich. I ate the 2lb bastard and loved every inch of him.

Climbed a mountain?

The hill in Erin Woods turned into a mountain once on acid, does that count?

Been water skiing?

Never been any kind of skiing and given that I live less than 2 hours away from a good number of ski hills, I feel a little uncultured and sad that I haven't ... oh, we were talking about water skiing right?


Do You…

Wish you could change something about your life?

Actually, not right now. Well ... I'd always like to have more money, Oprah type money, but besides that I can honestly say I wouldn't change anything right now.

Like your nose?

No. I'm still wondering if I was beaten as a kid and had it broken. If I had Oprah type money, I'd have me a brand new nose ...

Like salt and vinegar chips?

They're chips aren't they? Nuff said ....

Eat salsa?

That's how I get my veggies in, and what a great way to class up a pot of mac n cheese....

Own a boat?

I have a great inflatable boat that brought us some good times the last few summers ...


What Is…

A small thing that people let slide but that actually has dire consequences?

Not making their kids eat vegetables and letting them sleep with them as toddlers ....

Your most macho trait?

Not sure about this one, I'll ask T-Bone ............ Well he was of no help, he said there is nothing macho about me (yes, I'm that much of a lady ...) so I'll just go out on a limb and say my sex drive.

The longest relationship you’ve ever had?

Time Wasted ... met at 14, had MY baby at 18, kicked him to the curb at 25, so about 7 years too long if ya ask me ...

Your most embarrassing thoughts?

As long as nobody knows, they're not embarrassing

Your most shameful moment?

On a serious note, probably when I realized that I yelled at my kid the way mom used to yell at us! Not a great time at all ... Otherwise, I have a handful of shamefully ridiculous moments, probably enough for it's very own blog post. For example, it was pretty shameful when I e-mailed the entire accounting systems group asking why my accounting system wasn't working and they replied back asking if I meant to be in the test environment. Umm nope! Another example is when I was on the soccer field in front of the open net of the opposing team and didn't score.

My greatest weakness is…

my will power (or I guess my lack there of) ... and of course, chips!

I wish I was…

Oprah Rich. That covers everything, I was Oprah rich, I could be anything else I want to be ...

Three things I wouldn’t do for a million dollars are…

There probably isn't even 1 thing I wouldn't do for a million dollars

The oddest thing I’ve ever put in my mouth is…

Oh well that's just a dirty question if you ask me.


I'll leave you with that. T-Bone's game is over, we're out of smokes, and we haven't had dinner yet. Since cooking on a Saturday is generally out of the question, I guess I have to get my ass at least partially dressed to hit some drive-thru close to home.

1 comment: