Friday, October 2, 2009

Dear Christmas

I'm very new to blogging and have basically just been following Aunt Crazy around like a lost little puppy. I had no idea there was so many things I can be doing here. I was just getting ready to shut down the computer for 'Girl's Night at Stacy's' when I came across Letters of Intent that took me to Foursons blog. Because I am nosey and like being a part of everything, I read a few then typed up my own. So here's my letter .... (and while I have most of tomorrow to myself, I will be settling at my computer in the morning with my coffee to read the rest of the letters from today).



Dear Christmas
Don't think I didn't see you. I did. I was just minding my own business picking up a few things at the grocery store, trying with all my might to ignore even the Halloween displays when I thought I caught a glimpse of you behind the shelf of pumpkin stencils. I shook my head, kept walking, and thought I must have been seeing things. I had been having little flash backs since then, but was trying to push you out of head. It was confirmed to me the other day though when I was getting a cup of coffee from my office kitchen. A knot formed in my stomach as I approached what only could have been one of your messangers ... a catalogue of gifts all wrapped in red & green & gold. With an order-by date, and a guarantee to be delivered by .... yes, December 24. Although you knew that I knew, and everyone was catching on, I felt it mean spirited to move so quickly. Well, the cat is out of the bag, we know you are coming. But, I am warning you ... stay away from me. Just until next month. Let me enjoy the start of soccer season, Thanksgiving, then Halloween and I promise to pay attention to you when that's all over with ... mid-November at the latest. Until then, I'm sorry, but I have to put my foot down. You do not exist to me yet and you can't make me acknowledge you. If you push me, I will push back. If you try to dig your way in before I am ready, I just may have to cut you out of my life forever. I mean it, back off Christmas.

Please and thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Awwww! So glad you stopped by and decided to write a letter while you're at it! Love it! And yes...it is CRAZY that Christmas is already popping up. I admit though, I start shopping around the start of school because otherwise there is no way I could fund those presents under the tree.

    Welcome and hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! I was blown away too at our local grocery store Christmas display! But I must admit I'm ready for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm...you may need that disclaimer. You never know who may use your blog against you and the oh-so-offensive F-word could land you in court! Bawahahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more. I just want to savor Halloween and then Thanksgiving before I have to see all of the Christmas stuff popping up in the store. However I have to say I begin my shopping for Christmas the day after Christmas the year before. That way I can be done with family who is out of town and when we visit them throughout the year I can bring their gifts so I don't have to ship them. If I didn't buy here and there all year long I would be way too stressed to enjoy the holiday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lmao Foursons, what I was really wondering is if I needed a disclaimer for saying "female ejaculation" on my blog but I wasn't sure if you wanted that typed on YOURS ;)

    The gas stations now sell gifts cards for EVERYTHING, so my plan off attack for this Christmas is fillin up my lil micro-machine around somewhere in between December 20 - 24th, and my shopping will be done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good one! i went to kmart yesterday.. ( i still feel funny telling people that) and there were TREES OUT.. DECORATED. fa la la ing.

    i was so mad.

    thanks for the stop by and for all of the great comments
    the eye spy blog is one of my personal favorites. .it's one of my most memorable and heartwrenching mommy moments.

    xoxoo supah

    ReplyDelete