Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the little things that make a big difference ...

I haven't decided yet if it's sad that I sometimes feel like I have nothing of real value going on in my life that makes this little stuff put such a big smile on my face, or if it's a good thing that I can smile so easily because that means that I am a generally happy person. A few minutes ago, I walked into my office kitchen to get a coffee. The coffee would have been a house blend with my low fat french vanilla creame. Low fat not because I have done anything to try to get my newly packed on 17lbs off my body, but because the store in the lobby of the building only sells low fat french vanilla creamer. Wtf? What surprised me when I walked in the kitchen just now was that there was a full array of coffees to choose from, and yes, my FULL O FAT french vanilla cream that the company used to provide before we moved buildings. OOhhhh heaven here I come. Sure they needed time to get us all settled in the building and they figured that making sure we all had desks, computers, networks, etc, that the coffee would come later, but what they didn't realize was that with every cup of coffee I drank that tasted like tha poop, I was slowly dying inside. I was outwardly bitter, and decided that instead of getting right to work when I turned on my office computer, I had to blog, or read blogs, or look at wtf pictures, or look on kijiji for cell phones. How the hell was I supposed to wake up when I didn't have a decent cup of coffee? Decaf breakfast blend? Are you kdding me, isn't that what we could call an oxymoron? I was almost reduced to tears one hormonal morning last week because I literally had to dump out two cups of coffee because the taste of tha poop was too much to bear. I stormed through the maze of our new office to the elevator, rode down 40 floors to the lobby where I hoped on the escalator to take me to the 2nd level where I would gain access into the building across the street using the brilliant +15 system, passing (I kid you not) two Starbucks within spitting distance of each other (oh yes, I passed them, the nastiest of all poop tasting coffee for 7x the price), walking fast & hard into the other building, glaring & growling at anyone and everyone that got in my way. And as I came out of the +15, that's when I spotted it .... the A&W. OOohhhh, the A and the Dub! Helloooo greasy breakfast! How complete I felt at that moment. I didn't order my usual of over-easy eggs with toast, bacon, and hashbrowns, but I walked past slowly, oohhing and awwing, taking it all in, putting that discovery in my back pocket so that one day, when I was craving the grease, I'd run down and get me some breakfast. Completely forgetting the rant I was on, I hopped on the escalator down to the Tim Hortons while I stared back up at the A&W until I couldn't see it any longer. I so happily waited in the line up of about 1/8 of the population of down town to get my fix, then skipped back to work whistling show tunes with my coffee. Aaahhh the little things ........

No comments:

Post a Comment